Feature Request: Notifications for all cache types

arkelanfall

Hello,

I (and friends of mine) are missing the feature to setup an email notification that is independent of the cache type. We like to get notifications for a certain area independent of the actual cache type. With the current possibilities, we would have to setup 3 or 4 different notifications for the same area just to cover all common cache types, which is very cumbersome to setup.

We would very much appreciate if you could add a "All Cache types" field to the drop-down box at the notification setup page.

Thanks

The log types are different for some of the cache types. "Webcam photo taken" is unique to webcams. You can't log a "found it" on an event, CITO event or Mega-Event. I think that was part of the logic into splitting up the notification system according to cache type.

I see. But if I, for example, select "webcam photo taken" for all cache types would that be a problem? I would expect then that I will only get "webcam photo taken"-notifications only for webcam caches, but other notifications that would apply to all cache types for all caches of that area. I don't see a problem here. Do I miss something?

What we were looking for is notification of new or re-enabled caches (usually traditional, multi, unknown, event, ... maybe some more) for different areas. I wouldn't mind to setup several notifications if I want to watch only one area, but I fear that once we want to watch several areas, maintaining a list of 3+ notifications each will turn the notification list into a mess.

If you have any other suggestions how to "optimize" that setup, I'm all ears.

While I would never use it, I can see if you were watching multiple areas and did not mind getting events, etc. in your notifications, it could be a useful OPTION.

For me, it would cause my phone to be going off way too much.

Sure.

The most luxury solution would be to be able to select the cache types per checkboxes, but I didn't dare to ask for that. Now I do. :)

Edited by arkelanfall

I could see this being an issue if there were a limit to the number of notifications that you can set up. If there is a limit, I can't find it. Does anybody know what it is?

Is is just me, or are some of the log types missing? I can set up a notification for "found" logs on traditionals, multis, etc, but I don't see a checkbox for "photo taken" logs on webcams. Same thing for attended logs on events. And Why can't I set up a notification for "needs archived" logs on any cache type?

Thank you arkelanfall for pointing that out. This is exactly the thing I wanted to do 1-2 weeks ago. I am new to the premium member features and it was the first time I wanted to setup a notification for new caches in my home zone. I am interested in Mystery, Multi and Traditional caches. I am not interested in Virtual caches. I am getting interested in event caches (but within a larger zone). So you see, I needed to create 3 notifications. This was not a great thing but it was not what I expected it to work like.

This is getting tedious if you are creating some notifications not around your home zone and have to copy the coordinates again and again.

@StarBrand: Thank you for that helpful comment.

@The Leprechauns: I understand what you say. But why not show all types of log that are possible for at least one of the selected cache types? Let's select for example a traditional and an event cache. Traditional caches can be watched for "Found It", "Event caches" can't. So what? If an event cache does not provide "Found It" notification, I will still get them for traditional caches.

(BTW, I cannot create a notification for Wecam Cache/Photo taken. This option is not offered.)

Best regards,

Werner