Colorado Field "Notes"

For my own purposes I've written a small (Windows only) program that allows me to add notes to the geocache_visits.txt file, so they are there when uploaded. Then it is a simple matter to right_click/open new tab for each log and bang-bang-bang submit them.

Not sure if anyone else is interested (free)?

Since it is for my own purposes, it is pretty quick and dirty. Loads the text file, and as you click on each cache it pulls a few lines from the .GPX file for memory-jogging purposes. At the moment, just lat/long, title, and cache size, but I could add more. Then there is a box to enter your note for that cache. When done, click Save, then click Upload to take you to the upload page.

Hopefully we will eventually be able to add notes from within the Colorado, but since it is cumbersome to type anything with the device I suspect I will just make reminders to myself, and expand them later.

For my own purposes I've written a small (Windows only) program that allows me to add notes to the geocache_visits.txt file, so they are there when uploaded. Then it is a simple matter to right_click/open new tab for each log and bang-bang-bang submit them.

Not sure if anyone else is interested (free)?

Since it is for my own purposes, it is pretty quick and dirty. Loads the text file, and as you click on each cache it pulls a few lines from the .GPX file for memory-jogging purposes. At the moment, just lat/long, title, and cache size, but I could add more. Then there is a box to enter your note for that cache. When done, click Save, then click Upload to take you to the upload page.

Hopefully we will eventually be able to add notes from within the Colorado, but since it is cumbersome to type anything with the device I suspect I will just make reminders to myself, and expand them later.

bish0p has also written a similar app, for Windows Mobile.

bish0p has also written a similar app, for Windows Mobile.

That one is certainly interesting, although it is more of a standalone for those who want to write their logs in the field.

This screenshot will show what I have so far - it is my logs for today as you can see if you look at any of those caches:

fnhscreen.jpg

Your app looks really interesting. Post a link where it can be downloaded. I'd like to take a look at it.