List of counted caches

Rick618

From the Geocache Information for User page, that's the one with the whole list of cache types found.

I made the assumption based on the page that the three without * are not counted towards the total. That's Wherigo, megaevents, and benchmarks. However, when I add the numbers, only benchmarks are not counted towards the total. Not a major issue, along the lines of a spelling error and one that I think could be easily fixed with a couple of them extra *'s tossed into the code, if'n it's not too much trouble?

Name Count

Traditional Caches * 3498

Multi-caches * 100

Virtual Caches * 52

Letterbox Hybrids * 4

Event Caches * 98

Unknown (Mystery) Caches * 107

Webcam Caches * 6

Locationless (Reverse) Caches * 2

Cache In Trash Out Events * 3

Earthcaches * 38

Mega-Event Caches 1

Wherigo Caches 1

NGS Benchmarks 34

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Total Caches Found 3910

Except for the Letterbox Hybrid (cache), the only listing on there that is NOT a cache is the benchmark. It would only make sense to me that the non-cache listing wouldn't be included. If anything, the Mega-Event and the Wherigo Cache listings should get the asterisk (*) added, but I don't see that hitting the priority list very soon.

Seems to me that the only "caches" that should count would be those with a GC number. Thus, Wherigo and Benchmarks don't count, everything else does. Even the Letterbox Hybrid counts IF it has a GC number.

Wherigo caches are geocaches that have GC numbers and everything.