Ungregistered TB in the wild - how to make it live?

AzComet

While doing cache maintenance I found an extra TB in one of our caches that wasn't in the log. I noted the TB # thinking I would just update it when I got home, but when I tried to enter the number it thought I was activating the bug for the first time, and wanted the other half the code.

I tried backtracing it through user comments to previous caches, but can't puzzle out who first set it loose. Is there any way to use the tag number I have to contact the owner, or somehow make it live?

I tried searching for this issue in the forums but didn't see any info. Any help is appreciated.

Did it have a traveler on it? If not it may be a piece of swag.

It was attached to little purple dinosaur. The Travel Bug logger seemed to know the tag code, it just didn't think it had been activated yet. I'm guessing someone set it loose and didn't really know how to activate it beforehand.

Just wish I had a way to contact them.

Did it have a traveler on it? If not it may be a piece of swag.

It was attached to little purple dinosaur. The Travel Bug logger seemed to know the tag code, it just didn't think it had been activated yet. I'm guessing someone set it loose and didn't really know how to activate it beforehand.

Just wish I had a way to contact them.

If your guess is correct then maybe whoever dropped it into your cache is keeping an eye on the cache listing from time to time, expecting to see some news that their little purple dinosaur has been picked up. How about putting a note onto the cache page about it, asking them to get in touch with you? Then you can sort it out and the little dinosaur can start his travels properly.

MrsB :laughing: