Pirates Delight

Farrar33

I got the Idea for this topic tonight well I was doing a little hunting in Blaine a small border town. I spent the better part of my night dogging a Rent-a-Muggle, AKA privet security. this made the night interesting to say the least and all in all he only chased me off of two of the four caches I was after. For those of us out there with the pirating spirit I wish you all luck on your finds and bring on the stories.

Happy Hunting

Farrar33 :D

I got the Idea for this topic tonight well I was doing a little hunting in Blaine a small border town. I spent the better part of my night dogging a Rent-a-Muggle, AKA privet security. this made the night interesting to say the least and all in all he only chased me off of two of the four caches I was after. For those of us out there with the pirating spirit I wish you all luck on your finds and bring on the stories.

Happy Hunting

Farrar33 :D

Young friend and newbie cacher,

Please heed the wise words of William Shakespeare ... "The better part of valor is discretion..."

Playing hide and seek with security officers, whether they be rent-a-cops, the police department, or Homeland Security, is not a wise idea, particularly when hunting for geocaches at night within a stone's throw of the border. Geocaching can, by its very nature, be a very suspicious looking activity, and it is a cacher's responsibility not to act in such a way as to cause fear or concern for public safety or property. In addition, careless or cavalier behaviour on the part of a cacher can easily compromise a geocache and cause it to be muggled or otherwise removed from play.

One of my caches in Blaine that has brought a lot of challenging fun to many people was one of the ones you boasted about being chased off and then tailed by a security officer last night. While geocaching is a fun activity that can have added challenges after dark, you must use common sense in when and where you choose your searches -- "dogging (sic) privet (sic) security" at midnight in full view of the US Border Patrol cameras is not using common sense nor is it respecting someone's geocache placement.

Please think carefully before you go out caching again -- ask yourself "how will my actions reflect on myself and on how others perceive geocaching". I hope you'll consider attending an upcoming geocaching event, where you'll be able to meet some other local geocachers and perhaps learn a bit from their experiences about how to be a good ambassador for geocaching.

Half-Canadian and Scooter the Wonder Dog

WSGA President