Colorado 300 clock

Timpat

In case this helps others who own a Colorado 300 and the clock does not keep time when Off, return it for a replacement. My 300 had serial# 169000579 and the several firmware updates did not fix it, at least in my case. I had mine since Jan 24th, one of the first offered online.

I got a RMA from Garmin even though I purchased it online from a vendor, returned it via UPS, and had a brand new 300 with serial# 16937xxx in my hands within 10 days. This one works perfectly. Garmin issued me a new unlock code over the phone for my City Select maps with no questions and all is well now! Hope this helps others with this similar problem.

Yay Garmin! They're the best with customer/tech support!

In case this helps others who own a Colorado 300 and the clock does not keep time when Off, return it for a replacement. My 300 had serial# 169000579 and the several firmware updates did not fix it, at least in my case. I had mine since Jan 24th, one of the first offered online.

I got a RMA from Garmin even though I purchased it online from a vendor, returned it via UPS, and had a brand new 300 with serial# 16937xxx in my hands within 10 days. This one works perfectly. Garmin issued me a new unlock code over the phone for my City Select maps with no questions and all is well now! Hope this helps others with this similar problem.

Same here. I have a 400t (18Z0012xx) which I bought on 1/18 that displays the problem intermittently. I haven't returned the unit yet but I have the RMA number. Garmin tech support was very helpful and responsive in getting the unit returned.

GO$Rs

I just noticed that my replacement 300 came loaded with firmware version 2.50. I didn't know there WAS a v.2.50. :)

Hmmm. Someone mentioned this to me the other day and I thought it was a typo. It was also on a new unit. Let us know if you see anything new (good or bad!)

GO$Rs

Edited by g-o-cashers

Hey, Timpat. Your story sounds alot like mine, my original 300 had a serial number of 169000573 - only 6 lower than yours. Garmin also issued me a RMA and I recieved the replacement in just under the 10 business days that Garmin had promised. When I sent it back I only included the GPSr itself, I was rather suprised when Garmin shipped me a brand new GPSr back, complete with all the goodies in a sealed box! I also had to contact Garmin's customer support to obtain a new unlock code for my City Nav maps and it was a hassle-free experience! The GPSr I received as a replacement works like a champ, clock operates flawlessly, the batteries don't go flat as quickly, etc. I'm now a happy camper with Garmin again! :lol:

Hmmm, I must not be using the right words. I have an earlier 400t and I too have had clock issues since day one that none of the firmware releases has fixed yet. I just called Garmin support. First he told me I have corrupted Almanac data. After I convinced him that it was not the problem I was put on hold. After about 5 minutes I was told that it's a firmware problem and the engineers are working on it. I have to wait for the new firmware. And there is no estimate on when the firmware will be done. So how did everyone else get an RMA?

Greg

EDIT: My serial number is (18Z002108)

Edited by wazkaren

..... So how did everyone else get an RMA?

Greg

Call Garmin at 1-800-800-1020. Select thru the phone menu to get repairs, or something like that. Failing that, just pick tech support and they can connect you to the proper dept. State that since day-one your clock has not worked, which also negates the alarm clock and recording barometer for starters, and that it takes forever to get signal lock. They should then assign you a RMA. I used UPS and insured it for the full value.

After Garmin received my 300 a replacement was shipped back the next day. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

I have had the same clock problems from day 1 also; about 10 weeks ago. I also talked to tech support twice and was told that the problem would be solved with the next firmware update. The unit ID is 18Z0036XX. There was no offer for a replacement machine. There are also issues of co-ords being off over 400' on at least four occasions and having to turn the GPS off and on to get a good fix. Having great battery performance though. I will be calling for an RMA tomorrow.

Anniebananie

I had to call twice, the first time I got the usual upgrade the software, master reset, etc, etc. I went along with it but the next time I called back I told them that I had done everything that they had asked, that my alarm and barometer didn't work when powered off and that the GPS was slow to lock and if they couldn't tell me when an upgrade would be ready that I would like a replacement.

GO$Rs

Thanks, I feel better that it isn't just me. I'll try again.

Greg

wazkaren - Don't give up! :lol: Garmin tech support ran me in circles for a while and "promised" that the next firmware version would resolve the clock issue. So, I patiently waited until 2.51beta was released before I declared shenanigans and sent the GPSr in for exchange.

Personally, I've ran across good tech support folks at Garmin that really do try and resolve my issues, even if it means working from home on their own time. And I've across ran across not-so-good tech support folks at Garmin that are obviously reading off the firmware notes. Thankfully, I've dealt me more of the former than later.

The functionality between the one I returned and its replacement is like night and day! The new one operates just like it should! ;)

Well I finally got around to trying again to get a replacement. This time I tried e-mail and within a couple of days I had a response and an RMA. Shipped my unit out last week and they received it last Friday. I hope they don't take too long to turn it around, I feel lost (both figuratively and literally :) ) without my Colorado.

Greg