Automating process between buying and subscription activation?

Malok0

Almost every month I've payed a premium subscription. And every month I need to send an e-mail to Groundspeak to activate my subscription. Everything in paypal website is automate, and however, everything in geocaching.com is bureaucratic!!!

Between payment and activation remains some days. For instance, I've planned a geocaching day to tomorrow, and as I'm not able to create PQ, I'm really angry because I'm canceling everything.

Why not automate everything between paypal and geocaching.com? I know many sites with this process that takes some minutes.

PS: Buying a year subscription is not a solution. Thanks

Adding myself as an interested party on this one! I did buy the year subscription, but I was rather taken aback that access was not automatic. In my case, I subscribed on a Saturday because I wanted to generate a pocket query for immediate download. Little did I know that I wouldn't be able to do that until Tuesday! I do agree with the OP that the activation process should be automatic.

The two posts above appear to be talking about two different problems.

When you pay with PayPal, you get an S-number, which you enter on the subscription page which will activate your Premium Membership right away. Most of the time this works correctly. Occasionally something goes wrong in the back-end, and the S-number does not work. In this case someone at Groundspeak must step in and correct the problem.

When you pay with a Visa in the Groundspeak Store, it is not automatic. Someone at Groundspeak must go in and upgrade your account manually. If warns you right on the page: "Important: It can take up to 2 business days to process your new membership."

In my case, I always pay with paypal, and when I insert the S-number always report me back that subscription doesn't exist!

In this situation, the payment was made on 25th and today it's not yet activated.

Also remember that the subscription on paypal is the same of the last month, and the payment was made before expiring.

Edited by Malok0