g-o-cashers deserves a consulting fee!

jws2go

As much time as g-o cashers puts in helping Garmin owners on this board, Garmin should be sending a weekly consulting fee for: (1) making their products more useable; (2) keeping their customers happier (3) collecting field data; (4) easing the workload for their customer service department; (5) developing new product designs; (6) field testing instruments,and etc. I have come to the conclusion Garmin's formal Customer Service may only be mediocre. . . but, then, there is g-o cashers making a difference.

how do you know the companies dont throw kickbacks already...........and besides if it makes a product better ill gladly throw any input/output I have for free if in the end it benefits my recreational use of the products, im no militant beta tester

:)

... ANYWAY, yes thanks very much g-o-cashers for all the hard work you've done to help educate new/potential Colorado owners. You've been very helpful.

Thanks for the kind words. Ninety percent of what goes into the wiki comes from this forum, so thanks to all of you who have contributed. I'm definitely not getting kickbacks from Garmin but there was some gratification when I called tech support last week and the woman who I talked with had a copy of the FAQ sitting next to her as a reference.

GO$Rs

The resources that Scott has documented so well are a tremendous resource to anyone interested in (or already owning) the Colorado. He has made it easy to understand all the issues, and easy to find specific information about the product. His organization of all the input from this forum has made it clear for us, and for Garmin, what the Colorado does do and what it does not do. His clear comparison of Colorado and 60CSx features makes it obvious to all (again, including Garmin) that Garmin falls way short in their own on-line comparison of the two products. Thanks to Scott for establishing a baseline of exactly what the Colorado does, and how it compares to another product in Garmin's line. He has put a lot of time and top-quality work into this resource.