How do I get the caches from the Map

GEO1SG

I have a Magellan Explorist 400. My question is this:

When you open the google map on the web site and it list all of the caches in the area, how do I get to save just those caches that match the map. I print out the map and would like to have the caches that match the map on my GPS.

Travis Holden

GEO1SG

Travis712@mchsi.com

Welcome to the Forums! :(

You are a Premium Member, so you can set up Pocket Queries that will give you as many as 500 caches around the cache in the center of the map.

I don't use the maps on the site because of my slow dialup connection. ;) Instead, I get several Pocket Queries to cover this area, or an area I am traveling to, then load those into GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife). After that, I filter around a particular cache as the "centerpoint."

From that set of filtered caches, you can Export as many caches as you want in the correct format for your Explorist.

Perhaps someone else will come along to help you with your specific question about the maps.

You can also set up a bookmark list for the area you are interested in. Then, as you call up interesting caches you add them to that bookmark list. The bookmark list lets you create a pocker query for the caches on that list.

This is what I do for trips, so i can add caches along the route and caches around the destination.

Then you get the PQ to download to GPSr and Ipod.

Dave_W6DPS