Milestones

Often folks post on one thread or the other that a cacher just found x# of caches, or that they just completed all the counties in their state, and so forth. Now I know there are cachers that hate the numbers game and cachers that thrive on it. This is not an argument for or against numbers. I just thought it would be nice to have one thread to post any and all caching milestones that we or our caching friend make.

Whether it's your 1st, your 1000th, or 10,000th or anything in between, post it here and so we can enjoy your achievement too. Even if it's completing a particular challenge. Maybe it's that FTF on that 5/5 cache that has been waiting a two years for a find.

Share the milestone of yours and other's caching adventures. Thanks and as always.....

Happy Caching! :laughing:

Often folks post on one thread or the other that a cacher just found x# of caches, or that they just completed all the counties in their state, and so forth. Now I know there are cachers that hate the numbers game and cachers that thrive on it. This is not an argument for or against numbers. I just thought it would be nice to have one thread to post any and all caching milestones that we or our caching friend make.

Whether it's your 1st, your 1000th, or 10,000th or anything in between, post it here and so we can enjoy your achievement too. Even if it's completing a particular challenge. Maybe it's that FTF on that 5/5 cache that has been waiting a two years for a find.

Share the milestone of yours and other's caching adventures. Thanks and as always.....

Happy Caching! :rolleyes:

I really don't care that much for pure number milestones but often try to pick an interesting cache on the "50's" (50, 100, 150, etc). I have just over 350 finds so by the time I get to 500 I'll probably skip the 50's and try to find "special" caches for the "100's".

A few other milestones...

Clearing out all caches within 10 miles from home. I had 1 left a week ago or so but there were two more place that I have had a chance to go for yet.

Caches found in different states/countries.

Finding all caches from a specific hider.

There are lots of stats that can be monitored if using the GSAK FindStatsGen macro such as "cache karma" (percentage of finds to finds of caches you've hidden), oldest cache found, total cache to cache distance, etc.