Error Reading Cartridge

The Cartooners

Hi,

Whats the best way to find the problem within the Lua file?

Hey,

What I have found is the best is to go through and delete portions of the file, one section at a time, and then try reopening the file. Alternatively you can copy sections into a new cart file and see when you get the error. I have found that somehow the .lua file itself can get messed up, and simply copying the contents to a new .lua file is needed as well or can fix the problem by itself. This method will cause other errors with the file if you delete things that are linked without making the proper changes.

For this specific file were you changing the .lua file manually before the error? If so then it could be a syntax error, and the above method is probably the best. If not, and you were just using the builder, then chances are you put a character in one of the names or descriptions that the builder doesn't like, quotations for example.

Also if you'd like feel free to upload the code and I'll take a look at it.

Kevan

Hi,

Whats the best way to find the problem within the Lua file?

Hey,

What I have found is the best is to go through and delete portions of the file, one section at a time, and then try reopening the file. Alternatively you can copy sections into a new cart file and see when you get the error. I have found that somehow the .lua file itself can get messed up, and simply copying the contents to a new .lua file is needed as well or can fix the problem by itself. This method will cause other errors with the file if you delete things that are linked without making the proper changes.

For this specific file were you changing the .lua file manually before the error? If so then it could be a syntax error, and the above method is probably the best. If not, and you were just using the builder, then chances are you put a character in one of the names or descriptions that the builder doesn't like, quotations for example.

Also if you'd like feel free to upload the code and I'll take a look at it.

Kevan

Hi USCcouple,

It definitely happened within the builder. I'm just going through the code now checking for a rogue quote.

Apologies for the duplicate thread.