No Frill Travel Tag

7ofclubs

I was curious if anyone out there thinks there is a market for this.

The coin would be 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" with a 3/16" hole drilled in the top of the coin. Different colors, different print.

Basically the front of the coin would say: "NO FRILLS TRAVEL TAG" and "TRACK AT GEOCACHING.COM" with the tracking number. The coins reverse would say: "DON'T KEEP ME!" "I'M NOT A TRADE ITEM I AM A TRAVELER ON A VERY SPECIFIC MISSION" "IF YOU CAN HELP ME COMPLETE MY MISSION THEN LOG ME ON GEOCACHING.COM"

I am targeting this travel tag at $3.25 each or $28 for 10. The coin will come with no chain and is designed to reduce the cost of getting travel bugs into the wild. Here's the kicker, the coin is made of hard plastic.

Marketable? :lol:

7ofclubs

When I see the word "plastic" it makes me think of a cache I found awhile ago. It was an ammo box and the outside was visibly scorched, and inside a whole bunch of plastic green army men had melted into a big hard blob with bits of other swag sticking out of it. Now I know the likelyhood of this happening again pretty slim, but I still don't think that plastic would be the best material to make a trackable out of. I'm sure other people will have different opinions though.

Marketable? Possibly.

I would buy one before I bought a bunch. I would be looking for durability. Some of my concerns would be:

• Will the plastic become brittle in the cold?
  • Will the attachment hole break? (not a problem for metal tags)
  • How durable is the tracking code? (hot stamped or simply printed)
  • Will the writing wear off? (printed, stamped, raised injection molded)
  • How does it look? (It may be no frills, but I'd want it to be recognized in the wild and to be moved)

I'm not inherently concerned about plastic - many of the items that I've attached to TB dog tags and other types of travel coins are made of plastic.

Edited by tokencollector