Ever find a cache you weren't looking for?

TMDMom

While out seeking the Spirit of the Falls cache in Western Massachusetts we found not one, but TWO hidden caches around the same coordinates! :o Neither of the caches we found were listed on geocaching.com. One was a Memorial to Keith Richards (not the Tribute to KR cache) and the other was only marked #45. Ironically, we did not find the original cache we were looking for DOH!

Memorial to Keith Richards letterbox: http://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/showinfo.html?gBoxId=52460

dave

I found one today that has not even been listed! I asked the land owner for permission and they said that someone else had already. I told her that I had found all of them in the town and that there was not one there. She said it was for the 4 H kids and gave me a number to call to see if they did hide one. I called and they said it was placed but not listed so I went out and found it! I think they placed it in Nov. of 2007 according to the log book. I am going to see if I can help get it listed!

Found two we weren't looking for, my very first didn't even have a gpsr, was still a muggle then, but it got us started in the hobby (thanks Deermark) the second we were lookin' for a place to hide one and drove up to this small cemetary, and was checking out this knothole in a large cedar tree, Hey look what I found! So we logged another, and moved on to another place.

Just once so far. I'm taking part in an adventure race. Me and three other guys are bushwhacking up a hill trying to find a checkpoint in Pedernales Falls State Park. Within 2 feet of me is a tree stump that looks hollow with a large rock in it. I'm thinking, "That's suspicious... surely it can't be...." IT IS! An ammo can under a rock in a hollow stump! I was laughing to myself... and trying to sign the log quickly as my teammates got further away (it was a race after all)....

Just this weekend I did some bad math on a Multi that required some light algebra to solve the final coordinates. My wrong coordinates took me to a clearing, but I started poking around in the nearest trees and scrub (about 100 feet away) and found an old cache that was burnt to a crisp. This is in an area that has controlled burns every couple of years. I was thinking about sending the coordinates to a reviewer to see if I can get any info about the history of the cache.

Yep and got owners permision to log it as it is a complex mutli.

icon_smile.gif May 5 by <>JABs (870 found)

This cache is Logged with the owners permission.

All started at about 4.30 am on a cold and frosty Canberra morning, we had been caching since 6.30 pm and the mind was now starting to play tricks, we had walk up numurous hills and over many frosty grass fields to finally stop in this urburn street to hunt for a near by cache Roger, the Cabin Boy.

As we neared the cache I looked down and spied the spot where I would hide a cache (there it was) and started to open said cache only for Code1 to call back to me what are you doing we still have about 100 meters to go.

Any way we signed log and decided to travel the 100m and guess what it was here we found the true cache and relised that against the odds we had not only found a cache on the side of a hill we had done it in the dark.

So we returned to that location to collect some info like who had found it and when so we where able to track down the the cache ID and owner.

Thanks for the greatest adventure of finding a cache without any previous cache info.

JABs.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...31-112880c9e9b2

Edited by JABs