Paperless Advice - What to avoid

T-Hunters3

OK, I've scanned over countless paperless threads, but my fear is some of the info might be out of date.

So, I am looking for a Palm PDA.......There are tons on Ebay, but I don't know if all are compatible with the paperless methods here.

Are there any models I should avoid? Any certain features I need to make sure are part of the PDA I purchase?

Thanks!

Some of the Zire color models are very hard to read in bright sunlight, as is a friend's T/X. I like both my Palm m500, which I have had for more than six years, and my Palm m515. They are both easy to read outside and with an SD memory card, I can put lots and lots of caches on them.

The Zire 72 Silver Edition is cool, if you want to spend a bit more money.

I just went paperless myself. I bought a Palm m515 (easy to see outside and the backlight makes it just as easy to see inside) CacheMate, GSAK, And a Premium Membership, all for under $100. Had a few problems getting it all going, but all my questions were answered on these forums. I have an SD card in my Palm and as of today I have almost 3000 caches on it ready to go. Can't beat being paperless.

Hi.

My suggestion is to get a PDA that will connect to YOUR computer. Some of the new computers do not have a serial connector, some of the older Palms only connect via serial connector. There is an adapter but that is extra cost and setup.

If YOUR computer has a serial connector, then an older one will work great. Get a cheap one.

Good luck

I got a palm m100 with a USB adapter for less than $10 on ebay and it works perfect. The only problem I can see in the future is the lack of a memory card slot but I can run pocket queries often enough to whatever specific area I'll be in where I don't need to have thousands of caches sitting on there at all times.