My Friends?

tearmom

Since lots of ppl have looked at your question but not responded I'll take a stab at it..have only added one friend to date. I knew the geocaching name of the person I wanted to add and typed it into the box (after you click on the "my friends" tab.) It brings you to a page to type an introduction, etc. (especially useful if you don't know the person well!). The "Send Friend Request is already clicked for you so you click "send message" and this will email them with a link (as I recall) to agree to be a "friend". Before you do this make sure you go to your profile page and click the box (about half way down) that says "allow friends" or something like that. Once they respond, I think you get an email saying they agreed or something (you may have to click to confirm..don't recall). Basically I think that is it but maybe a seasoned member can fill in any blanks. ;)

Good luck!

Can someone explain how the "My Friends" feature works? How do you do it? What do you get when you have someone on Your friends list?

How does it work? It really doesn't do anything yet. Usable features are supposed to be added at some point, but there will probably be a million more "how does it work" questions before TPTB find time to move forward with this. All you get now is a centralized location to track your "friends" hides and finds. And when this actually does something useful, your network of "friends" has already been established.