Auto routing of Colorado vs. 60CSx

In the Colorado/60CSx comparison it says the 60CSx "supports a more primitive auto routing capability". But in the reviews of the 60CSx I see that it will autoroute across the base map and CN, will recalculate route, has pop-ups on any screen as you approach a turn, etc. Some of these features are not supported on the Colorado. Which GPS has the more effective auto routing capability?

In the Colorado/60CSx comparison it says the 60CSx "supports a more primitive auto routing capability". But in the reviews of the 60CSx I see that it will autoroute across the base map and CN, will recalculate route, has pop-ups on any screen as you approach a turn, etc. Some of these features are not supported on the Colorado. Which GPS has the more effective auto routing capability?

FWIW, I have city nav 2008 on my 60csx and my 2610. Side by side they seem to give the same directions with the same accuracy. I love the 2610 for autorouting, it is a great unit. I am very impressed with the 60csx for autorouting. Obviously it doesnt talk to you like the 2610 (which I turn off regardless) and the screen isnt as big, but the 60csx is excellent at autorouting.

I've got CNNA NT 2008 on a Colorado 300 and it appears to autoroute just fine on the map screen. It tells you the high points of the direction you are traveling (ie I-20 to 820) and gives you a warning beep and arrow (and backlight on) when a fair distance from a turn, and then a series of beeps, an arrow and the backlight when the turn is near. It does take a bit of distance to realize it needs to re-route if you miss a turn, but I think this is hackable in the profile.

We've used it both for travel and seeking a cache, and the only issue I've had when caching is it may try to route you into an apartment complex rather than using an actual city street. Keep in mind the apartments around here have street names and show up on the map no different than city streets. Just wish the topo maps had more creek details.

The comparison says "60csx supports a more primitive automotive view". This is a comparison of the automotive view not autorouting.

Both support autorouting. But as you mention there are some differences.

Each unit has its strengths. The 60csx provides turn pop ups, a recalculate option, indication of up upcoming cross streets, and a few other minor differences. The bigger screen on the Colorado and the nicer automotive view make it easier to follow the route I find.

GO$Rs

FWIW, I have city nav 2008 on my 60csx and my 2610. Side by side they seem to give the same directions with the same accuracy. I love the 2610 for autorouting, it is a great unit. I am very impressed with the 60csx for autorouting. Obviously it doesnt talk to you like the 2610 (which I turn off regardless) and the screen isnt as big, but the 60csx is excellent at autorouting.

I agree 100% with superduty1!

Sorry for quoting you wrong g-o-casher... I was going off memory which has a very large accuracy circle.

It appears that auto routing is NOT one of the criteria to use to select one of the other (Colorado vs. 60CSx) as they both handle it well. Thanks to all for the information!