Need a guide

mustangshelly

Im wondering what is the best way to find someone in my area who my group (yes all of us are very new to this) can call if we get stumped. We live in a rural area and have 2 logged finds to our credit!!! Told you we were new! We are sticking to relatively large caches and have found a couple of beautiful sites right in our back yard. our trouble comes when we get to a site for the second (or sometimes third) time and cant find the cache. We know looking for it is half the fun but a few are getting discouraged. How can we find a veteran in our area without being an albatross?? :)

Looks like the Cullman/Hanceville, AL area, which after yesterdays storms and tornados caching may be low on the priority list. Hope all is well for you.

Come on over to www.dixiecachers.com and we can get you headed in the right directions...:lol:

Edited by Rick618

If I lived in your neck of the wood, I'd contact TheAlabamaRambler to ask if he'd meet you somewhere and give you guys some tips. He's always doing things like that for out-of-towners.

His profile says he lives in Irondale --which is close enough that you could probably arrange to drive to Birmingham to meet up with him for some caching. Great guy, fantastic sense of humor, lots of fun to be around. Even if he couldn't do it, he'd likely know someone closer to you who would be happy to meet up and show you some tips.

You should also plan to attend some events nearby to meet some of the local cachers.

Thanks for all the replies!! I didnt set up my profile myself so I'll be sure to make the correction on my location. Ive got a couple of leads on people who might not be too busy to help out some really new newbies! Thanks again for all your help

My wife and I have started caching again, so we'd be happy to meet up if you come down to the Birmingham area to hunt some caches. Feel free to send me a PM if you get down this way.

Also, be sure to check out the South and Southeast regional forum here. Occasionally you'll see some Geocaching-related gatherings posted there.