A huge wooden nickel?

GATOULIS

Hello to all!

In the last cache I visited, I found something round, made of wood, but it is quite big!

I know nothing about it! The inscription is probably in Czech language, but I am not so sure!

As you can see in the picture, it has a metal loop! It also has the No 35, which probably means that it belongs to a collection of similar things! This is the number 35!

In the photo, I scaned a quarter $ too, just to see the size of this strange thing!

Is there a posiblity that it is a huge wooden nickel?

Does anyone know what this is, what it says etc?

If it is a wooden nickel, I will be very happy! I have never seen a wooden nickel from close!

If not,.....I will keep it, but I have to know what it is! :laughing:

Thank you all,

Nikos

Hello to all!

In the last cache I visited, I found something round, made of wood, but it is quite big!

I know nothing about it! The inscription is probably in Czech language, but I am not so sure!

As you can see in the picture, it has a metal loop! It also has the No 35, which probably means that it belongs to a collection of similar things! This is the number 35!

In the photo, I scaned a quarter $ too, just to see the size of this strange thing!

Is there a posiblity that it is a huge wooden nickel?

Does anyone know what this is, what it says etc?

If it is a wooden nickel, I will be very happy! I have never seen a wooden nickel from close!

If not,.....I will keep it, but I have to know what it is! :laughing:

Thank you all,

Nikos

Oups! I forgot to post the picture!!! Sorry!!!! :P

979b8b1a.jpg

I have to say that both sides have the same thing!

I think XopherN71 is right about this item's origin. But I don't think it's a wooden nickel like we sometimes find them in caches. Obviously it has a screw-eye on top so it might be meant to be hung on a rope or a lanyard around one's neck. In that case it may be a kind of a 'ski-pass' that you get handed over at the tourist office after having paid the fees for the use of the local ski run and the ski lift. This could also explain the image on this item. The Hrabetice Tourist Office must be missing #35 from the nail in the wall now! :laughing:

Thank you guys for your posts! :D

Well, it is beautiful so I will keep it, but I am still lost to what it really is!

I think it says something about a touristic sign of a place, but...(???)

I emaild to the czech geocacher who probably drop it, but I didn't have any answer! We will see! :D