Login Timeout

randallh

Something has changed at GC.Com and it seems like I am having to log in much more frequently. For example, you log in and look at a cache, when you come back x minutes later (I am not sure what X is but it is much shorter than it used to be) you have to log in again to see it. Or, even more agravating, you are reading an EMail notification and you click a link to view a cache page. You have to log in to see it. From there, you decide to view your "My Account" page and it makes you log in again.

I am certain that the number of times I have to log in per day has gone from a few to more than a dozen. This seems to be true whether I am using Firefox or IE7. I understand about cookies and they are enabled.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Randy

This happens to me every once in a while when my pc's firewall/antivirus/etc software does an automatic update and decides that my standards are too loose. :) On its own, it resets everything to the "Highest security level possible; you might as well not even turn the PC on because you won't be able to do anything anyway" setting. I just have to manually adjust the settings back to where I want them. I have "CA security suite". Do you?

I use the Opera browser and always have about twenty pages open as separate tabs. When I open my browser, all those pages open. I very rarely have to log in to either these Forums or GC.com.

I use the free version of AVG Antivirus and Zone Alarm and haven't noticed interference from those program.