About route pocket queries...

hamgran

Which caches are knocked off a route pocket query when the amount of eligible caches exceeds the requested number of caches?

e.g. if I make a route pocket query from Toronto to Ottawa, 4 km. on each side of the highway, perhaps there were 450 caches that met the criteria, but I put a limit of 300 on the query. Which 150 will I lose? The bottom of the alphabet? The last few km. of the route? Or the 150 caches that are furthest away from the centre point (highway)? :)

Edited by hamgran

I would like to know that also but I would guess it is the farthest caches off of the route. If you do a seach from a cache it will give you the limit out to the distance if you increase the number in the seach the distance goes out futher.

What you can do is run the query with the limit of 300 save it then run the same search with a limit of 500 and see what the differences are. It may be better to run it using lower numbers to say 100 and 200 and let up know what it does. Who knows I may try it to see what happens myself.