Can someone tell me if this is a good price? (complete newbie!)

redslm

I was just about to order a Garmin eTrex H from Amazon for £65 when I found this one on ebay.. seems a good deal but I know nothing about GPS's so would really appreciate your help!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lowrance-iFinder-PhD...1QQcmdZViewItem

Pleeeeease advise! PS I am a complete newbie at geocaching and need a VERY cheap GPS, hence looking at the low priced ones!

Thanks for any help.

Sarah

I was just about to order a Garmin eTrex H from Amazon for £65 when I found this one on ebay.. seems a good deal but I know nothing about GPS's so would really appreciate your help!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lowrance-iFinder-PhD...1QQcmdZViewItem

Pleeeeease advise! PS I am a complete newbie at geocaching and need a VERY cheap GPS, hence looking at the low priced ones!

Thanks for any help.

Sarah

EtrexH is a good starter without putting you into the realms of a second mortgage ,

"H" is important because you can maintain signal lock on the GPS satellites even under trees

However the PC link is serial (cable not included) so you might want to look at the next model up

to get a USB link which makes connection to PC easier for noobs and enables you to dload

co-ords to GPS straight from GC.com cache page .

I`m UK as well so if you need any other advice you can contact me through profile here or go

to UK section on forums where local-to-you people are always ready to help

have fun :)