Attributes in GPX-File

spazierenmitziel

Hi Community,

what would you think about having the attributes stated in the GPX-file? I'm using GSAK a lot and I'd love it if it could show me e.g. caches which are not available at night. This feature request does not come out of the blue: On Easter I've been standing in front of four closed gates and that could have been avoided if GSAK would have had a chance to tell me about it...

What do you think about it?

Cheers

Oliver

Odd. I was thinking of this exact topic just today while planning cache run. Since I hurt my foot, I avoid those with significant hiking. I know terrain is supposed to cover this but many hiking trails are rated 2.0. It would be nice to have that ability in GSAK so filters could be set. Of course, this requires the owners to accurately set the attributes on their cache pages.

Jeremy added this to his to-do list sometime ago - I believe we will see them when v2 of the website is complete.

January of 2005

Will attributes be available in Pocket Queries?

Pocket Queries will not contain the attribute information until we update the specification for the GPX to allow this info. We did create an attribute feature in 1.1 but we'll most likely change it to another version to accomodate some new ideas.