Changing coordinates

digdigity

Hello I recently planted a cache but it got mugglized by some kids while easter egg hunting and I need to replace it in a location close to the old one so it wont get found again by the same kids. Can i do this and if so how do i go about it.

You can move it up to 528 feet. If you need to move it father than that you will have to go through your reviewer.

Go to the cache page them click on EDIT LISTING then you will click on modify your cache coordinates via a log entry. and do it there

Edited by lacomo

Hello I recently planted a cache but it got mugglized by some kids while easter egg hunting and I need to replace it in a location close to the old one so it wont get found again by the same kids. Can i do this and if so how do i go about it.

You can move it up to 528 feet. If you need to move it father than that you will have to go through your reviewer.

Go to the cache page them click on EDIT LISTING then you will click on modify your cache coordinates via a log entry. and do it there

It used to be that you would have to edit the listing, but now you can do it with only just a log entry (if you are the owner).

For some reason the field to enter the coords does not come up right away if I click the "update coords" option, so I have to submit the log first and when the error message comes back saying there are no coords, only then does the page has the field for the coords available.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

For some reason the field to enter the coords does not come up right away if I click the "update coords" option, so I have to submit the log first and when the error message comes back saying there are no coords, only then does the page has the field for the coords available.

It's only behaving that way because you've forgotten to check the box that will allow you to enter coordinates.

20080325101439jm3.png

It's only behaving that way because you've forgotten to check the box that will allow you to enter coordinates.

20080325101439jm3.png

For some reason the page was not refreshing the other day when I checked the box, as I had to attempt to post a note under the "update coords" to get the fields to come up. But the more I think about it, I think my CA firewall is to blame.

For some reason the page was not refreshing the other day when I checked the box, as I had to attempt to post a note under the "update coords" to get the fields to come up. But the more I think about it, I think my CA firewall is to blame.

If you bring up the Change Coordinate log from the link on the Edit Cache page, it will automatically come up with the coordinate entry displayed, and the correct log type selected for you.