GPSMap 60CSX, Caching, and Topo / Street map software

I am wondering if anyone out there with a Garmin 60CS or 60CXS, using it for caching, and also has the Topo or Street map software installed.

My question is:

When you do a map view on your GPS, does the cache show on these maps? Right now I have the basemaps installed, and I have a lot of caches downloaded from geocaching.com, and of course when I go to view them in map view on my 60CSX, I do not see any streets, just major highways. what I could like to do is see the caches on a street map. I know I have to buy additional maps, but I want to make sure this will do what I want before making the non-returnable investment.

Maxrebos

Sorry to barge in on the topic but it relates to a question or two that I have. I have a 60Cx and just bought streetmaps on CD. I have the original equipment 512Mb micro SD card, how much map can I put on that card, and can I put caches on that card in addition to the map or am I limited to the 500 caches that you can install on the unit?

Thanks

Sorry to barge in on the topic but it relates to a question or two that I have. I have a 60Cx and just bought streetmaps on CD. I have the original equipment 512Mb micro SD card, how much map can I put on that card, and can I put caches on that card in addition to the map or am I limited to the 500 caches that you can install on the unit?

Thanks

How much map? Mine came with a 128 Mb card and I was able to fit Ontario, Michigan, Ohio and New York on it from City Navigator NT. Have just upgraded to a 2 Gb card that I picked up on sale today for less than $15 and I've got all of North America on it.

You can't install caches on the memory card. It's only for maps and points of interest.

Thanks

How much map? Mine came with a 128 Mb card and I was able to fit Ontario, Michigan, Ohio and New York on it from City Navigator NT. Have just upgraded to a 2 Gb card that I picked up on sale today for less than $15 and I've got all of North America on it.

You can't install caches on the memory card. It's only for maps and points of interest.

When you send Geocaches to your Garmin, how are they saved in the unit if not on the memory card?

When you send Geocaches to your Garmin, how are they saved in the unit if not on the memory card?

The GPS receiver has internal memory for storing some stuff (like waypoints or caches) and uses the memory card for storing other stuff (like maps, and tracks if you set it up that way).

You can also send caches to the data card as POIs using Garmin's POI Loader. I have all the caches I have Found, plus the caches I Own, and caches I still need to find on my Vista HCx as POIs.

Check out this thread for tips on how to use the POI Loader.

Edit to fix link . . .

Edited by Miragee