New At Geocaching, Found TB But Have a Problem Loging It

regalado96

Hi All,

I'm brand new at geocaching so I am having a TB related problem that I was hoping somebody could help me with. (Yes, I will read the FAQ in the meantime and delete this post if I find the answer before I get a reply here).

My family and I went geocaching this weekend and found a TB on 3/22/08 in a cache called:

"Houston we have a problem" (GCY011)

Today when I went to log in that we Retrived it, the last entry in Tracking History on the TB webpage shows that on 2/23/08 it was Retrived by the member jmswhlr from the:

"Coleman Cache"

The only options the TB webpage gives me to log it is the following:

Grab it from current holder: jmswhlr

Write note

Discovered it

The webpage does not give me the option to log that I retrived the TB. I plan on placing the TB in a cache in the next week or two, but the webpage does not give me an option to log it as "Placed" either.

What to do ???? :blink:

TIN

Since the TB is not one of those listed in that cache, and shows to be in another cacher's bag, a grab would be your option. This can sometimes be considered rude, it is possible that the cache was found and TB placed only minutes before you got there.

1. In the event the other cacher is just slow on the logging, wait a day or two, then log to give them time to get caught up.

2. Go through thier profile with an email request to log the TB if you wish, just politely let them know you have it and will be placing it again soon.

3. If being patient and being nice doesn't pay off, grab it and go.

Hold on a second.

The bug jmswhlr picked up was a jeep. Is that what you found? Is the bug you picked up listed in that cache?

Yes, it is a Jeep

Unless I overlooked it, this is the only thing I found on the "Houston we have a problem" (GCY011) webpage as far as an inventory list :

Inventory

Off Like a Shot

"Wolcott, United States of America" Unite for Diabetes Travel Bug

See the history

What is a Travel Bug?

I am somewhat confused though since the above listed TB is not the Jeep TB we found.

Edited by regalado96

Okay. It looks like the current holder hasn't had a chance to log it into the cache yet. Give it a couple days.

Ok, I'll do that and thanks for the help. I was worried that I MUST log it in right away incase somebody else went geocaching specifically for the Jeep. We got back home from our camping / geocaching trip and we hadn't even started unpacking until I tried to log in the TB find first. I'm brand new at this fun world of geocaching so I don't want to start off by doing something that's considered to be rude or frowned upon.

Thanks again

I'm glad you asked and we're happy to help. Since the jeep is currently in the inventory of that cacher no one will be looking for it in the cache.

If you do eventually have to grab it away, post a note on the cache you found it in and Drop the jeep and then Retrieve it back out. That way the tracking stays accurate. You can then delete the cache note. (it won't affect the bug history)

Happy Caching!