Colorado 300 North Up?

I don't know if this can be fixed in the setting or that this will keep happening but I really like using track up instead of North up but when I click on a GPS or any place on the map and go to it the GPS changes back to North up and I have to manually go back in and change it to track up. Any ideas?

I don't know if this can be fixed in the setting or that this will keep happening but I really like using track up instead of North up but when I click on a GPS or any place on the map and go to it the GPS changes back to North up and I have to manually go back in and change it to track up. Any ideas?

I'm assuming you are running 2.4? There were some fixes/change in track up/north up in the newest release.

Even then there is still the bug below and it may have other manifestations. If you have a simpler way to reproduce it I'll add it to the list.

2/28/08: Load a geocache, set the Map Orientation to Track Up, goto the map page and zoom out to 50mi. Note that the map is forced into North Up mode (which is okay). Start a map pan (which holds the map in North Up mode) and zoom back in until you can see the geocache icon on the map. Select the geocache icon on the map to view the geocache information and then quit back out to the map screen by hitting Done. The map orientation configuration will be in North Up mode now. Selecting a geocache on the map should never change the orientation configuration. (2.4)

I am running 2.4 and the problem in your quote is exactly the same problem i am having. Now is there a fix.

2.4 for the most part fixes the track up issue. Before, even when in track up, if you panned the pointer, the screened switched to north up and stayed there.

With the fix, it still occasionally does north up from track up ( my preference ) but I have not been able to tell when it occurs, perhaps with a big zoom out, pan, zoom in ...?

... oh, that's pretty well what g-o-cashers is saying ... I REALLY must read all the posts, :unsure:

Edited by nicolo

Its still an issue, but I forget the exact steps to make it happen. Got bit by that bug several times this weekend.

I believe it has to do with manually selecting a cache by panning the screen, then viewing the full map. I'm going caching after work, so I'll see if I can document the steps needed to reproduce it.