Colorado 400t Navigating to geocaches

i dont know if this holds true for the colorado, but I know in order to get direction "from the car to the cache" or just on foot, I'd have to disable my City Navigator mapset.

Do you have multiple mapsets loaded? if so, I'd venture this is the problem (that the gps is trying to auto-route you to the cache via the roads).

I'm sure someone has posted before, but I can find it...

When I select certain geocaches on my Colorado 400t, the gps does not navigate me to them. I get no direction pointer, no line to the cache, etc. It lets me navigate to some, but not all. Thoughts?

If you poke around here you'll see a number of mentions of the same issue.

This is definitely a bug in the Colorado, something (not sure what) causes the Colorado to get into this state where navigation to certain caches does not work any longer.

I've heard that the following may help get the Colorado back out of this state (in the order I would try them):

- Power cycle the Colorado

- Copy all of the gpx files from [drive]:\GarminG\GPX to your computer, delete all the gpx files from your CO, restart the CO and copy the files back

- Software reset of the CO (user settings lost, so use this as a last resort)

GO$Rs

If you poke around here you'll see a number of mentions of the same issue.

This is definitely a bug in the Colorado, something (not sure what) causes the Colorado to get into this state where navigation to certain caches does not work any longer.

I've heard that the following may help get the Colorado back out of this state (in the order I would try them):

- Power cycle the Colorado

- Copy all of the gpx files from [drive]:\GarminG\GPX to your computer, delete all the gpx files from your CO, restart the CO and copy the files back

- Software reset of the CO (user settings lost, so use this as a last resort)

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

I think the issue here may be the setting that tells it to lock to the nearest road (I forget the exact wording). In the geocaching mode this feature is turned off by default, and in the automotive mode its turned on by default. I haven't tried to seek any caches since installing NT 2008, but it will get a workout this weekend navigating to the Texas Challenge and then finding caches.