WTB: City Navigator NT North America

lyni9

Does anyone have City Navigator NT North America that they want to sell? I know many people are upgrading to units that don't need or use this, so might want to sell this separate from your GPS unit. I want to be able to look at maps on my computer - someone said that you could not do this with the preloaded chip, only with the CD. Is this true? I want to use this on a 60Csx.

There is really no such thing as a "used" City Navigator. The maps must be unlocked to a unit, once that is done you can only load the maps to that specific unit. The one caveat is that City Navigator version prior to the 2008 version allowed unlocks to 2 units. Of course it is "illegal" to sell the second unlock code to someone else. Also a 2nd unlock code is not upgradeable, meaning if you wanted newer maps you can't buy the cheaper update version you have to buy the full version.

I had been told that the preloaded microSD chip could be used in any unit - of course it could be inserted in only one unit at a time. In this case the unlock code was attached to the chip, not to the unit it was used in.

That's correct the info I was giving was for the DVD only. So I guess in that regard there is such a thing as a used city navigator, my bad.

To the OP, you might want to amend your request to indicate that you are looking for the preloaded SD card. And you might want to specify the model you are planning use it with so that you get the responses you are looking for.

I will be using it on a Garmin GPSMap 60Csx.