Maxpedtion Bags - Great for Geocaching

spelldog

Last week I was reading a thread that talked about what people use to carry all their stuff while geocaching. One of the bags that people mentioned as great for geocaching was the Maxpedition Jumbo. I was looking to a get a new bag and they looked perfect for me. So I found some companies that sold them online and I ordered one. Unfortunately ordering from Camping & Cooking Supplies has been a nightmare. Here is a summary of my experience:

I placed an order with them and I soon received a confirmation email telling me that they received payment and that the item would ship shortly. I later get a email telling me the item is on backorder and they won't be able to ship it for 2 to 3 weeks. I then get an email telling me that I can cancel the order and get reimbursed if I don't want to wait. So I asked them to cancel the order. They do not respond to my request and so I email them again and ask them to cancel the order. I finally get a response and they say they are processing it and I should get reimbursed within two days. A day later I get an email telling me that they shipped the bag. I email them back to question why they didn't cancel the order and they respond by telling me everything is all right and that I will have the bag by Friday. I emailed them again to question why the order wasn't cancelled and I cannot get a response back. I then tried calling their phone number and it comes back that it is no longer in service.

Unfortunately when I thought my order was cancelled I purchased the bag from another company. I have gotten that bag and I think it is great. I just wanted to put all this information out there to make other caches aware of how the Camping & Cooking Supplies in Riverside, CA does business.

Edited by spelldog

I did tell them that I was ordering another bag when they told me that they may not get the bag for another 2 to 3 weeks. I also unfortunately paid for the bag using PayPal - so I can't have the charges credited to a credit card. I am afraid at this point that they will not credit my PayPall acount if I do send the bag back. They haven't done anything that they said they would do - so I really don't trust that they would credit my account.

I did tell them that I was ordering another bag when they told me that they may not get the bag for another 2 to 3 weeks. I also unfortunately paid for the bag using PayPal - so I can't have the charges credited to a credit card. I am afraid at this point that they will not credit my PayPall acount if I do send the bag back. They haven't done anything that they said they would do - so I really don't trust that they would credit my account.

In that case, you might want to return the other one.

If you have everything documented, I would call your credit card company and request the charges be credited back. Then return the bag when you receive it. Then put you card on fraud monitoring.

Under federal law, if you canceled an order in good faith, and the vendor shipped anyway (after which you received a refund via your credit card company), you are not obliged to pay a penny of shipping charges for returning the item, and rather, if the vendor wants it back, they will need to pay for all return shipping and issue a pickup order for the item. Your other alternative is to not ask for a refund, and instead to sell the extra bag on Ebay.