garmin 60csx

alma

can any one tell me how i put map waypoints into my gps ie852 937

how would i put that into my gps.

please explain in simple terms so that i can understand

thanks for any help

The easiest (manual) way is to push the mark waypoint button on the left. When the next screen comes up change the icon and numbers to reflect the ones you want. To input a bunch, I would use GSAK to load a pocket query from gc.com and send them to the Garmin.

thanks for any help

The easiest (manual) way is to push the mark waypoint button on the left. When the next screen comes up change the icon and numbers to reflect the ones you want. To input a bunch, I would use GSAK to load a pocket query from gc.com and send them to the Garmin.

tried that does not work or i cant get it to.is there a simpler way

thanks for any help

tried that does not work or i cant get it to.is there a simpler way

What do you mean it doesn't work? What do you get stuck on? When you mark a point, it should give your current coordinates, use the arrow keys to highlight the coordinates and press enter. Then a pop-up screen will bring up the keyboard which allows you to change the numbers. Do it the same way for the icon and name. When done making changes make sure you press the ok button (bottom right) to save the changes. After you enter one, go to the "find" screen and look at recent finds, it should show up there.

thanks for any help

From the waypoint co-ords you give as an example you want to enter a waypoint as OS grid co-ords. If that's right first of all you need to make sure you have got your position format set correctly.

Press the page button until the main menu is displayed. Highlight Setup and press enter. In the new menu displayed highlight Units and press enter. At the top of the screen displayed now is Position Format and it should be highlighted so press enter and then scroll down to highlight British Grid and press enter.

Now press the Quit button a couple of times to return to the main menu. If you now press the Mark button the co-ords shown are displayed in OS Grid format (Grid code +10 digit reference) which if you highlight the co-ords and press enter you will be able to edit the figures to your chosen waypoint.

May I just add that this isn't the usual position format that is used for geocaching. That would be hddd mm.mmm format which, as has already been mentioned, would enable you to enter co-ords 'en masse' via PQ's and the likes of GSAK.

P

thanks for any help

From the waypoint co-ords you give as an example you want to enter a waypoint as OS grid co-ords. If that's right first of all you need to make sure you have got your position format set correctly.

Press the page button until the main menu is displayed. Highlight Setup and press enter. In the new menu displayed highlight Units and press enter. At the top of the screen displayed now is Position Format and it should be highlighted so press enter and then scroll down to highlight British Grid and press enter.

Now press the Quit button a couple of times to return to the main menu. If you now press the Mark button the co-ords shown are displayed in OS Grid format (Grid code +10 digit reference) which if you highlight the co-ords and press enter you will be able to edit the figures to your chosen waypoint.

May I just add that this isn't the usual position format that is used for geocaching. That would be hddd mm.mmm format which, as has already been mentioned, would enable you to enter co-ords 'en masse' via PQ's and the likes of GSAK.

thanks thatwas really clear and easy to understand i want to use it for hiking