Best ways to sell unactivated geocoins

Joyful April

Is it reasonable to think that I can have some geocoins made then sell them to cover the cost? With a small markup I could have some free ones for myself.

I am worried about dropping the money (coin minting, tracking id, and logo fee) and then having 250 coins that no one wants to buy. It would be great if I could activate them all for myself but it isn't financially feasible.

So, what's the best ways to sell unactivated geocoins?

Forums?

Ebay?

What are the other methods?

Thank you for the feedback.

Well some coin makers if they like your idea and think that other people will buy them will sometimes sell them for you. It is called a re-sell program. They make the coin and sell them and give you some coins for free for coming up with the idea. This is just one way you might want to go.

The more successful coin makers who don't have a dedicated website for coinsales will post their coin design and specs here with the announcement of when they will be available for sale, where and for how much. Most buyers really like to see pics of the sample coins before moving ahead.

Typically if you can sell your coin for $10 (includes shipping in the US) you will sell a lot of them through the forums. That should give you plenty of margin to cover costs and keep some traders for yourself.

Edited by Droo