Don't tread on me

Upon reaching my second destination of the morning, I knew that I wasn't dressed properly. Wearing shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes, my objective was easily 30 feet in dense packed woods (N. Florida). Still, I decided to give it a shot as the cache owner promised awesome goodies for those that found it. After 20 minutes of searching around I decided to hike out to the tree line and get a good bearing point to walk back to. I don't know if it was luck or not, but I just happened to be looking down as I turned around and there it was... a 3 foot cottonmouth coiled up, mouth wide open, not more than a few feet from me. Standing there I considered my options.. A: scream like a little girl, B: scream like a little girl, C: scream like a little girl and then give the snake its space. I took option C without the screaming. Needless to say, didn't find that cache, got the wits scared out of me and now more determined to find the cache.

P.S. - A 37 y/o man screaming like a little girl is only funny when someone is there to actually see it. Otherwise it is just pathetic and demoralizing. :rolleyes:

Edited by PavlovsDog
P.S. - A 37 y/o man screaming like a little girl is only funny when someone is there to actually see it. Otherwise it is just pathetic and demoralizing.

:) This is the point where you are not sure the snake is real

:D This is when you realize the snake is real.

B) This is where you scream like a little girl

B):rolleyes::D this is when you are back into the car safe and sound.

Upon reaching my second destination of the morning, I knew that I wasn't dressed properly. Wearing shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes, my objective was easily 30 feet in dense packed woods (N. Florida). Still, I decided to give it a shot as the cache owner promised awesome goodies for those that found it. After 20 minutes of searching around I decided to hike out to the tree line and get a good bearing point to walk back to. I don't know if it was luck or not, but I just happened to be looking down as I turned around and there it was... a 3 foot cottonmouth coiled up, mouth wide open, not more than a few feet from me. Standing there I considered my options.. A: scream like a little girl, B: scream like a little girl, C: scream like a little girl and then give the snake its space. I took option C without the screaming. Needless to say, didn't find that cache, got the wits scared out of me and now more determined to find the cache.

P.S. - A 37 y/o man screaming like a little girl is only funny when someone is there to actually see it. Otherwise it is just pathetic and demoralizing. :)

Really. My first action would be to levitate three feet off the ground and ten yards in the opposite direction.

P.S. - A 37 y/o man screaming like a little girl is only funny when someone is there to actually see it. Otherwise it is just pathetic and demoralizing. :lol:

Really. My first action would be to levitate three feet off the ground and ten yards in the opposite direction.

:) I would have jumped 10 feet straight back before my brain even thought of what to do... :) Edited by TrailGators