Garmin Topo Maps.

ssgeo83

I just did some research and saw that the used Garmin that I will be purchasing will include this version of the Garmin Topo map: http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/topo.jsp

So I guess it wasn't the 2008 version as I assumed.

So I'll reask a question that I asked earlier:

I will be getting the Garmin eTrex Vista Cx (not HCx) for $150 and it includes the topo map above plus a case. He had it for 1.5 years and it's been in his case. Is this a good deal? I've seen some on eBay sell for more and some sell for less and it does not include the topo map.

Yes, that is a good deal. The Vista Cx is a good GPSr and there is nothing wrong with Garmin Topo. Depending where you live you may see little or no change between it and Topo 2008. I have both and the areas I go hunting in the difference is negligible, however, the eastern portion appears to have underwent most changes. All in all I would say that version of Topo will be more than sufficient and IMO it is questionable whether it is justifiable to spend more money for the new version since the overall scaling is the same.

Yes, that is a good deal. The Vista Cx is a good GPSr and there is nothing wrong with Garmin Topo. Depending where you live you may see little or no change between it and Topo 2008. I have both and the areas I go hunting in the difference is negligible, however, the eastern portion appears to have underwent most changes. All in all I would say that version of Topo will be more than sufficient and IMO it is questionable whether it is justifiable to spend more money for the new version since the overall scaling is the same.

I still use the old Topo, for basic water navigation its OK

I still use the old Topo, for basic water navigation its OK