Bug: Show a detail screen to a player

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

The "Show a screen to a player" appears to be working for all types (Items, Locations, Tasks, Main, Inventory).

There seems to be a bug with "Show a detail screen to the player". It doesn't fire, at least not in the emulator. It works successfully for displaying specific Tasks and Items but not for Zones and Characters.

I have been working all morning trying to get it to work. Please enlighten me if I am wrong.

Thanks so much for this wonderful idea!

There seems to be a bug with "Show a detail screen to the player". It doesn't fire, at least not in the emulator. It works successfully for displaying specific Tasks and Items but not for Zones and Characters.

I have been working all morning trying to get it to work. Please enlighten me if I am wrong.

Make sure you're not trying to use a Task event to fire it... Task events are bugged and we're waiting for a new release of builder to fix it.

Make sure you're not trying to use a Task event to fire it... Task events are bugged and we're waiting for a new release of builder to fix it.

No, I was using the event of the player entering the zone to fire it. It worked in all of the other cases listed above. I used the same event to successfully trigger all of the other actions that I mentioned. They display the appropriate screens as soon as the player enters the zone, but not in the two cases listed. Test it out.

I had/have the same problem. As I had a player enter a zone, I 'show detail screen' of the zone the player entered. I wanted the media associated with the zone displayed, but like you, I wasn't getting anything. So I tried a few experiments and found that if I tried to show detail of a zone while in that zone, I got nothing. But if I were in a different zone or no zone at all, I could see the zone picture just find. So now, I just changed it to a 'show message' with a picture attached.

Yeah, there's a bug there, but the work around for me seems to work ok. I've told David about it, but I'm sure other tasks have higher priority than this one I'm sure.

I had/have the same problem. As I had a player enter a zone, I 'show detail screen' of the zone the player entered. I wanted the media associated with the zone displayed, but like you, I wasn't getting anything. So I tried a few experiments and found that if I tried to show detail of a zone while in that zone, I got nothing. But if I were in a different zone or no zone at all, I could see the zone picture just find. So now, I just changed it to a 'show message' with a picture attached.

Yeah, there's a bug there, but the work around for me seems to work ok. I've told David about it, but I'm sure other tasks have higher priority than this one I'm sure.

Thank you for testing it and passing it along. I am trying to create a series of games on a small grid of zones where the player walks around. A 3d rendered graphic of the place they are at in the game is displayed, and it changes as they move about. It needs to be automatically displayed as they enter each zone. The games won't work without this. It would also be helpful if I can read the compass reading from the Colorado at any given time. Is or will this variable be available to read at some point? That would be a nice feature, but I know that is not a priority.

I found also problem when I used detail screen for task. That was triggered when entered to the zone. Task screen was empty. I tried that few times, but task was not showed on the screen. Once my Colorado hanged totally. Perhaps some bug in that phase.

I experience the same problem; however, my Colorado shuts off when it gets the "show detailed screen" command for a zone. Detailed screen for an item doesn't display anything. Everything works correctly in the emulator. Thanks.

My problem was resolved with the new Colorado beta software from Garmin.