2.9 for etrex Vista Cx

cummings66

I have the Etrex Vista Cx and it's running a version level 2.6, I'd like to put 2.9 on it. Webupdater says it's up to date, the manual version of it says it can't install and to check some things. It found it on the USB and has the correct unit id, but won't do anything.

Why won't webupdater update it or the other? What's up?

I updated mine a couple weeks ago with the webupdater with no issues at all, except for the fact if you check for updates again it keeps telling you to install 2.90 even though it's already installed. it was like this with the previous two updates also, so I've gotten used to it.

What USB port are you using on your PC? Don't use a hub or front USB ports they can cause issues. I would also check and see if there is an updated version of the webupdater software, I think I remember hearing of issues where it wouldn't find updates when using an older version.

http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/

Edited by hogrod

I'm using the laptop I use for geocaching, it's running Vista and I used a port on the side. I have tried two different ports though with the same luck and the webupdater is the lastest version listed on their site. The odd thing about the webupdater is it does give me optional software other than the firmware, but it's for a 60 instead of the Vista Cx. I didn't install that because I'd assume it would say Vista if that's what I'm supposed to have.

I'll probably have to call Garmin today and see what they say I guess.

The Microsoft Vista OS didn't get along with the manual update, and the webupdater had a website problem. So once I copied the update file over to the XP laptop it installed and updated fine, so now I'm using 2.9 on it.

Once I turned off the UAC "User Account Control", within MS Vista, it behaves alot better for me, since I don't like this "permissions" thing to be able to use my own PC. With the UAC turned on, much of any software loading, is made difficult by that crazy MS Vista feature.