Making own micro Travel Bugs?

caflint

I have in mind to make some TBs, that can fit in micro-caches. Where can I get/buy tracking numbers (for trackables of the geocaching.com website) with activation code for travel bugs i like to make on my own ?

Is the only way purchasing a "normal" TB and use the number from the metal plate?

There are GEOCOIN makers who will hear you out on your idea and, if they think their store can sell out a run of coins, they will lay down the upfront cash and make the trackable coins for you.

Present one of them with your idea and maybe they'll just make it for you. Like a tiny trackable coin with a hole in the center.

I think you just have to commit to finding people to buy a certain number of them. After this topic is moved to the correct place, others will chime in who have done this, I'm sure.

Edited by mvigor

I have in mind to make some TBs, that can fit in micro-caches. Where can I get/buy tracking numbers (for trackables of the geocaching.com website) with activation code for travel bugs i like to make on my own ?

Is the only way purchasing a "normal" TB and use the number from the metal plate?

Depending on how small you want them to be, you can also cut and bend a regular TB tag to fit in a film-can-sized micro, like this:

77627b1c-b4ed-4433-b152-969af26ec15f.jpg

and this one, "Respect the Deer Tick" (note the tiny tick glued inside it):

25cd1dae-1aa6-4eeb-aad4-1b7b97b39dd6.jpg