Trade Show Booth

fyreakida

I was reciently in RD and was VERY impressed by the amount of outdoor gear your local CT has. (didn't have time to cache much).

Anyhow, I think it is a great idea. Build a few typical or not so caches and have them to show, take some pictures of caches in their hiding places, have a laptop link to geocaching.com...

I have worked lots of trade shows as a buyer. A good looking both will draw people in. have the front of the both open so people can wander in. If you have time order some geocaching items as in shirts for the both staff to wear. If any one in your group is good at building custom cache containers having some of those on hand would be good to get people interested. Having some custome painted ammo boxes on display would nice.

Even better than T-shirts, have the staff wear some hiking styles in clothing, maybe kahki pants with cargo pockets. Some malls have kiosk operators the will monogam items, Maybe shirts with your group name mogramed on them would be cool.

Play up the family activity aspect of geocaching. You might even set up an event the following weekend in a local area that has lots of caches for prospective new cachers to try out geocaching. There is nothing like a hands on demo. Chances are there will be people there that have bought GPSrs in the past, some of them may have not found a use for them. Offer to help them out if they bring their GPS with them to the event.

I think there are handouts about geocaching online. I forgot the URL though.

Oh! having work a few trade show boths in the past, have an ice chest full of food and drinks for the both staff, buying food at a Trade show can cost $$$$$$$$ and as a rule the food is not very good.

Edited by JohnnyVegas