Colorado connected to PC - only in USB-mode

Joan&Jan

When I connect my Colorado with my PC using a USB-cable the Colorado 1) turns on in USB-mode if it was not turned on at connection 2) states that it is saving waypoints etc. and then turns on in USB-mode. When I disconnect the USB-cable the Colorado switches off and I have to restart it.

This means that I can't use the Colorado with an external powersupply from the PC but have to waste battery power while being indoors. It also means that I have to wait for the unit to power up every time I have downloaded waypoints etc. to the unit. I also suscpect that this means that I can't use it in the car with power from the car.

I can't find anywhere to change settings for this as I can on the 76Csx.

Has anyone experienced the same - and are there any work-arounds?

Cheers,

Jan

If you buy the 12v car-charger from Garmin, the pin-setup will be different, and you can use it in your car... :D

Ahh - that sounds reasonable. But it also means that I can't use my existing 12V to USB-converter :) And that I will have one more converter/cable lying around in the car :blink:

If you buy the 12v car-charger from Garmin, the pin-setup will be different, and you can use it in your car... :D

Ahh - that sounds reasonable. But it also means that I can't use my existing 12V to USB-converter :) And that I will have one more converter/cable lying around in the car :blink:

Just try out your existing charger and see if it works. If it doesn't, they you will have to deal with it.

I did like it better the way it works on 60CSx. You can choose what mode to run it in.

Will this say that Colorado can not be used with nRoute and other GPS programs?

What about this option in Colorado.

"Left Key" -> Setup -> System -> Serial interface ->

1. Garmin serial

2. NEMA In/Out

3. Text Out

On my 60CSx I do have a round serial plug used for this, but there are no serial

port on Colorado, only USB.