How do you carry all your stuff?

Not the Mama!

I use a Mountainsmith Lumbar Pack similar to this one which is on sale at Campmor right now for only $24.00. It is very comfortable and can hold lots and lots of miscellaneous Geocaching stuff.

48299_l.jpg

My camera is in a camera case attached to the waist belt in front so it is easy to get to. I carry the SWAG and TBs in another case also attached to the front of the waist belt.

I have that same pack and got it at Campmor too. I <heart> Campmor. Need to take a ride there one day, went to an event in NJ once on a Sunday near there and they were closed :)

It's kind of a pain though in the winter over a coat. I have been carrying stuff in the pockets of an EMS windproof jacket most of the winter and just throw a few TB's a trinkets in them along with my little Panasonic Lumix FX01 and my Palm M 505.

I want to look at a camera vest next time I am in NYC at B & H or Adorama. Or maybe a fishing vest. I am going to be driving by (yeah like I might not stop) a Cabela's on my way to Boston next month. :ph34r:

"I want to look at a camera vest next time I am in NYC at B & H or Adorama. Or maybe a fishing vest. I am going to be driving by (yeah like I might not stop) a Cabela's on my way to Boston next month"

I bought a fishing vest and liked all the pockets but the one thing I could not do with it was find a good place to carry a pin to write with, I even had my wife put a botton hole on one of the flaps but it was too short of a pocket and the pen would barely hang on and I lost a couple and I use one that has a stylus and ink so they are not cheap. I finally got a camera shirt that has a pen pocket on it and I love it. So make sure what ever you get has a place for every thing you want to carry.

Right now I am thinking about getting a military load bearing vest (LBV) which is like a pair of suspenders with four pockets for ammo and two for grenades which might be cooler than the shirt I now wear. Just not sure if the pockets are too deep to be of much use.

Well at first I got this obviously because of the name, its called the "Pod" sling pack by MEC ;)

I didn't realize at the time what a handy little bag it would be.

5016002_v1_m56577569830665901.jpg

It has two "big" pockets, one of them is divided into smaller compartments for change (i always carry some foreign coins for trading) and pencils/pens for micros, the shoulder strap has a zippered pocket that is meant for a cell phone/MP3 player but fits my gpsr perfectly, plus lots of loops for carabiners, keys, and a water bottle pocket to top it all off!

Recommended to fellow Canucks, I am sure there is something similar in the USA!

Edited by Pod-Cache