400T sudden shutoff

rwrodgers

I have found a cache (GC16T0B) that when i try to read the description in the Colorado it shuts off and has to be restarted. Could this be because of the photo in the description?

There is definitely a known bug where some cache descriptions cause the Colorado problems. If you can repeat it with the same cache description every time, then I'd say you're hitting this bug. Which software version are you using? I would update to version 2.3 (which, I think still doesn't get picked up by the web updater, so you have to find the link to the update.) I'd also update to version 2.6 of the GPS chip firmware (the web updater will install that for you).

--Marky

I posted because i wondered if anyone else had a problem with that cache. I also noticed that description has a photo in it and wondered if that could be causing the unit to reset. I found update on the Colorado page but don't know about the firmware. I will try that this morning.

Happy hunting!

I have found a cache (GC16T0B) that when i try to read the description in the Colorado it shuts off and has to be restarted. Could this be because of the photo in the description?

There is definitely a known bug where some cache descriptions cause the Colorado problems. If you can repeat it with the same cache description every time, then I'd say you're hitting this bug. Which software version are you using? I would update to version 2.3 (which, I think still doesn't get picked up by the web updater, so you have to find the link to the update.) I'd also update to version 2.6 of the GPS chip firmware (the web updater will install that for you).

--Marky

Did need update for chipset type M. What did this do for me? IE what did this correct?

I don't think they ever mentioned what the 2.6 chipset firmware update did. The important one you want is the 2.3 software update. If you haven't found the link, the Colorado FAQ has a link to it.

There was a bug that if a gif image was viewed, it would crash the colorado. I don't see this as being fixed in version 2.3. It's something to check on the cache page though...

--Marky

There was a bug that if a gif image was viewed, it would crash the colorado. I don't see this as being fixed in version 2.3. It's something to check on the cache page though...

--Marky

Maybe because Garmin didn't want to deal with the legalities and licensing requirements for .gif? :) Let's here it for .jpg - wonder how the CO deals with .png??

I came across a few caches which would totally lock up the CO - consistently. What I haven't done is identify the specific elements within the page cause the lockup. Once I figure it out, I'll report back here.

Edited by SnoWake