Net Framework error

sli23sli

It should be this one:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

I think you'll have to attach your PDA to the computer to install the .Net Framework onto it.

I have it loaded on my Axim. The loading went well no error messages. I loaded it on my Axim sd drive. I can see the folder its in but it acts kinda funny when I click on it. Nothing happens. I check the program install/uninstall tool in the settings and it lists net compact FW as an installed program. Does it run in the background? Do you have to do anything to it for the Wherigo player to work? Sli23sli

No, you do not have to do anything with the .Net Compact Framework after it is installed. It's not quite a program by itself, really, more like program parts that other programs use.

I checked the installation file. Yes, this is the type of application you must install from your computer. Run the installation file on your computer. It will then queue the .Net Framework for install the next time you connect your Axim to your computer. After this operation completes, plug your Axim to the computer and confirm the installation on your Axim.

After that, you can install the player .CAB file by installing it on your device through the SD card. Keep the .CAB file on your SD card, though. To upgrade properly to a new version of Wherigo, you'll need this old .CAB file to uninstall Wherigo before copying the new .CAB over to the card. If this is not done, Pocket PC has a way of acting up.

No, you do not have to do anything with the .Net Compact Framework after it is installed. It's not quite a program by itself, really, more like program parts that other programs use.

I checked the installation file. Yes, this is the type of application you must install from your computer. Run the installation file on your computer. It will then queue the .Net Framework for install the next time you connect your Axim to your computer. After this operation completes, plug your Axim to the computer and confirm the installation on your Axim.

After that, you can install the player .CAB file by installing it on your device through the SD card. Keep the .CAB file on your SD card, though. To upgrade properly to a new version of Wherigo, you'll need this old .CAB file to uninstall Wherigo before copying the new .CAB over to the card. If this is not done, Pocket PC has a way of acting up.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I downloaded and installed the .net compact framework with no problem. I synced my Axim then downloaded the Wherigo player for pocket PC to my PC then transfered it to a folder on my Axim, opened File explore on my Axim then clicked on the downloaded file called download.html. It opened an internet explorer page and seemed to download something momentarily, then just stayed on that page. No error message and also nothing else. I did this with the Axim connected and with it not connected with the same result. What's the Wherigo player supposed to look like when its installed, is it a program, whats it named, and what's its size? Am I supposed to be connected to the PC when I clik on the downloaded file? Any help would be appreciated. I think I followed the directions correctly. Any help to get this running would be appreciated. Thanks Sli23sli

Okay. So .Net is already installed. You just have to install the player and that's where you're running into a problem.

The player will not be called download.html. You should have been able to (left) click on the player's "Download Player" button to download the file. It's a file called "PlayerInstall.CAB" and not "download.html". Try downloading the player again and seeing what happens.

Okay. So .Net is already installed. You just have to install the player and that's where you're running into a problem.

The player will not be called download.html. You should have been able to (left) click on the player's "Download Player" button to download the file. It's a file called "PlayerInstall.CAB" and not "download.html". Try downloading the player again and seeing what happens.

Ranger Fox, thanks for the info. I switched browsers from MSN Premium to Internet Explorer and was easily able to get it downloaded and installed and working although I didn't finish the tutorial since I ran out of real estate but it seems to work - with exception that screen display was screwed up as Jeremy had indicated. Its was helpful to know what I was supposed to be looking for. Thanks. Sli23sli

I merged another thread JohnnyVegas started with this one so all replies will be kept in the same place.

JohnnyVegas, how are you trying to install the .Net 2 CF? Are you installing it on your main computer, then moving it over via a sync or did you download an application you are running directly on your device? Did you have the .Net 2 CF installed on the device previously and are now trying to install it again? As much information as you can give on the topic would be most appreciated.

And I hope it's compatible with Windows Mobile 5.