Where are my Geochaches?

jjtrout

I'm using a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx with an iMac G5. I downloaded Garmin's Communicator (at least the test page tells me its been successfully installed) I've connected my Garmin to my iMac with the provided USB cable, chosen a couple of Geocaches from the Geocache.com website (I'm a premium member), hit the "Send to GPS" button, and gotten a "successful transfer" message. But when I go to my Geocache page on the Garmin, I get a "None Found" in the listing. Where did they go?

jb

I'm using a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx with an iMac G5. I downloaded Garmin's Communicator (at least the test page tells me its been successfully installed) I've connected my Garmin to my iMac with the provided USB cable, chosen a couple of Geocaches from the Geocache.com website (I'm a premium member), hit the "Send to GPS" button, and gotten a "successful transfer" message. But when I go to my Geocache page on the Garmin, I get a "None Found" in the listing. Where did they go?

jb

Have you tried the "Find by Name" instead of "Find Nearest" on your 60CSx geocache page?

I don't know about how the Communcator works with a Mac.

Since you are a Premium Member, have you tried getting Pocket Queries and using MacCaching to send the waypoints to your GPSr?

I've never tried to use the "Send to GPS" button because it is almost as fast for me to download the .gpx file and send it to my GPSr using GSAK, which is the Waypoint-managing software I use on my PC.

I manually sent a few caches to my GPS using the send feature and my PC and assumed that they would show up as geocaches on my screen. They didn't. The only way I found them was by traveling close to their location. Then they showed up on my screen. I wonder if it had something to do with them having the .loc extension when I made the transfer.

HI, I just bought a 60CSx yesterday, and I can't get it to show up either. Have you figured it out yet? I guess i'll still use the old 'finger' method. LOL

I am getting the same problem with my 60Csx. I can transfer my routes from the micro sd card back to my mac and when I look at what else is on the sd card there is a folder called GARMIN. When I look in this folder the GCXXXX files for the geocache waypoints are there.... but for some reason the unit does not find them. I will keep trying to figure this out. It works on my PC, but I would like to be able to use the Mac as well.