Replace or Totally New?

infiniteMPG

I have been honing in my geo-skills with hide techniques as time goes on and occasionally I get to put this to good use. My question is when a cache ends up MIA, like one I had was in some trees that are now mulch as some major land clearing was done where this was hidden. The location is really cool so I replaced the cache away from the newly cleared land, but rather then just a Lokc-n-lock in some trees, I now did what I consider a pretty unique camo technique. It was close enough to the original cache that I didn't have to archive and re-list, but this has me scratching my head.

If you replace a cache in a slightly different location but within the zone of the original, and do a new camo or hide technique, is it best to archive the original and make it a totally new cache so locals who have already found it can hunt it again?

I have been honing in my geo-skills with hide techniques as time goes on and occasionally I get to put this to good use. My question is when a cache ends up MIA, like one I had was in some trees that are now mulch as some major land clearing was done where this was hidden. The location is really cool so I replaced the cache away from the newly cleared land, but rather then just a Lokc-n-lock in some trees, I now did what I consider a pretty unique camo technique. It was close enough to the original cache that I didn't have to archive and re-list, but this has me scratching my head.

If you replace a cache in a slightly different location but within the zone of the original, and do a new camo or hide technique, is it best to archive the original and make it a totally new cache so locals who have already found it can hunt it again?

I would archive the original and create a new page.

If the experience is substantially different, it's a different cache, in my opinion.

If the essential nature of the hunt has changed then it deserves a new page.

If the old container was blue and you just painted the new container green and hid it 10 feet away, then I'd say the experience is close enough to the original to keep the same page.

If the original cache was an ammo box and you changed it to a micro hidden in a pine cone, then I'd say new cache page.