No Coin/TB option

shoestorm

Any confirmed missing travelers should be reported to the owner so that they can remove it from the cache listing. If you don't get a response you can ask the cache owner to move it to an unknown location.

Typically I give about three weeks to first the bug owner, then the cache owner, after that you can contact a reviewer or Forum mod like Eartha to move it for you. (Please try to work with the Bug and Cache owners first)

Here is what I typically post on a missing bug:

Unfortunately this bug has been verified as not being in the cache.

You can remove the bug from being listed in the cache and place it into an unknown location. This will keep people from making a trip to the cache for a bug that isn't there.

On the bug page, under Travel Bug Owner Options is a pull down menu labeled 'Recalculate Distance', in there is the option "Mark Bug Missing".

You can always retrieve it back out at a later time if it is found or re-released. Thanks.

Yes contact the bug owner first.

I was looking through my list of coins in the wild yesterday and noticed several that haven't been moved for over a year. I read the logs and noticed several saying it wasn't in the cache so I marked them as missing until they turn up again. I had no idea unless someone contacts me or I go through my list like I did last night, which I usually don't do.

Don't mean to sound dumb or anything but as the cache owner how do I move a missing bug to an unknown location? I have looked on the cache listing and can not find anywhere to do that. Thanks for the help!

I believe you have to do it on the TB page under the dropdown menu that reads "recalculate distance". That drop down menu is in the upper right hand corner where you would log the item.

Hope that helps :unsure:

Don't mean to sound dumb or anything but as the cache owner how do I move a missing bug to an unknown location? I have looked on the cache listing and can not find anywhere to do that. Thanks for the help!

I believe you have to do it on the TB page under the dropdown menu that reads "recalculate distance". That drop down menu is in the upper right hand corner where you would log the item.

Hope that helps :unsure:

Thanks! Yes, that helped. I kept looking all over the page for the cache itself.