iFinder locks up with FHSP card

I recently bought a Fishing Hot Spots Pro card for my iFinder H20. I inserted the card and turned the unit on, but it locks up at the startup screen (logo display). I've left the unit on for up to 2 hours at this screen and it never does start up. The only way to turn the unit off when this happens is to remove the batteries (and unplug the car adapter). The unit starts up fine without the card in it. The unit also works fine with other MMC and SD cards. I have the latest software upgrade for my unit. Lowrance's customer service is not responding. Can anybody offer any advice? Thanks!

I recently bought a Fishing Hot Spots Pro card for my iFinder H20. I inserted the card and turned the unit on, but it locks up at the startup screen (logo display). I've left the unit on for up to 2 hours at this screen and it never does start up. The only way to turn the unit off when this happens is to remove the batteries (and unplug the car adapter). The unit starts up fine without the card in it. The unit also works fine with other MMC and SD cards. I have the latest software upgrade for my unit. Lowrance's customer service is not responding. Can anybody offer any advice? Thanks!

One thing I've learned about Lowrance, don't waste your time sending them e-mails they almost never get a reply :D However if you PHONE them you'll more than likely get very friendly & telpful support!

I got excellent response time to my e-mails to Lowrance. I have an IFinder Pro and for some reason, I had trouble upgrading my unit from their site. They sent me the upgrade by e-mail the next day.

It may be the card itself is defective. If you just bought it recently, I would take it back to the seller and take along your GPS to show the seller that it is not working.

I don't think you can get much help through an e-mail discussion.

Edited by phern47

If you have a card reader in your computer see if that will read it, or if you can find someone else with an iFinder try reading it in another unit. The card may be screwed up.