Police Involvement

Has anyone had A CSO come to an event To try to educate the LEO's about geo cacahing. We are getting cameras installed throuout the city soon and they are a combination of HLS and LEO cams. I guess i just would like some advice on maybe getting them educated about our Hobby.

Thanks For any Imput.

Greg

I communicated with our city and county departments before placing a cache in a local park in town independently. The local police (who are usually fresh meat out of school waiting to jump into a bigger city job) were not aware of geocaching, so I took them a brochure and showed them where mine would be located and that others could pop up without warning in various places. They were easy to work with.

The county deputy said they were already aware of what geocaching was and were thankful for the communication.

Both, of course, cautioned about placement on private property and other public areas around schools and such and asked that we be sure that we are communicating with local property owners or departments controlling different public grounds.

Has anyone had A CSO come to an event To try to educate the LEO's about geo cacahing. We are getting cameras installed throuout the city soon and they are a combination of HLS and LEO cams. I guess i just would like some advice on maybe getting them educated about our Hobby.

Thanks For any Imput.

Greg

Hmm..... OK, I get LEO (Law enforcement Officer), but the others I am lost on :yikes:

CSO=?

HLS=?

Thanks For any Imput.

Greg

Hmm..... OK, I get LEO (Law enforcement Officer), but the others I am lost on :ph34r:

CSO=?

HLS=?

I'm sorry

CSO = Community Service Officer (Sometimes here in Fresno just a volunteer to help out)

HLS = Home Land Security