Pocket Query from Google map

Nakedbamboo

I was curious if the PQ from the link on the map only included what was visible on the map or if it includes caches off the map. The query is based on a radius from a point, so there would either be more that are outside the corners of the box inside the radius or less than is showing if the radius is inside the box. Does that make any sense? Basically I wanted to know if the query showed exaclty what was in the map or something different, more or less. Thanks.

I was curious if the PQ from the link on the map only included what was visible on the map or if it includes caches off the map. The query is based on a radius from a point, so there would either be more that are outside the corners of the box inside the radius or less than is showing if the radius is inside the box. Does that make any sense? Basically I wanted to know if the query showed exaclty what was in the map or something different, more or less. Thanks.

The "Create Pocket Query" link from the map centers the pocket query at map center and uses a radius based on the zoom level.

Zoom 1 = 1 mile

Zoom 2 = 1 mile

Zoom 3 = 2 miles

Zoom 4 = 4 miles

Zoom 5 = 8 miles

Zoom 6 = 17 miles...

This range is always outside of what is shown on the map (pretty substantially, look at the scale on the bottom of the map). It will not track whether you have checked "Hide My Finds" or specific cache types (unfortunately).

Personally, I prefer to take all my PQs out to 500 miles. If you only get 5 a day, why not make the best of it? There's nothing wrong with a couple duplicates anyways.

Edited by Uncopyrighted