Travel bugs

madnesstheory

Im fairly new to this, and i was wondering, i recently found a few caches one of which had a travel bug inside. I was wondering just how do you post the little symbols for them when you log them in ?

normally if it is a travel bug, the travel bug dog tag symbol will come up- the only ones that are different are the travel slugs, and each individual geocoins- they normally have an image attached to the tracking number. Maybe more advanced cachers could tell you how to change the images if you want different ones for your travel bug if you own it, but if it has been activated and is owned by someone else you cannot change it.

Im fairly new to this, and i was wondering, i recently found a few caches one of which had a travel bug inside. I was wondering just how do you post the little symbols for them when you log them in ?

normally if it is a travel bug, the travel bug dog tag symbol will come up- the only ones that are different are the travel slugs, and each individual geocoins- they normally have an image attached to the tracking number. Maybe more advanced cachers could tell you how to change the images if you want different ones for your travel bug if you own it, but if it has been activated and is owned by someone else you cannot change it.

So basically what you are saying is the symbol will come up when i log in the number on the tag ? Correct ?

This is a link (hopefully)Trackables to where you log travel bugs and geocoins.

You can find this page by clicking on the 'Trackable Items'link on the left side of any page at geocaching.com.

There are some other types of trackables around that are not able to be logged at geocaching.com (so you won't get a little symbol showwing up for them. They will generally have clear instructions with them of where and how to log them. The two we have come across so far are digitalfish and Ckayak coins.