Geocoin disappeared from my account

evie71

Wanted to know if anyone else has lost all of their info on any of their coins. I went into my account to take a peek since I haven't had any emails to let me know where my coin is and noticed that the only thing there is the first post when I dropped it off. I do know that it moved through several caches in AL and then to FL, but there isn't any info on them anymore.

Sorry if I missed a post that has previously brought this up.

Thanks,

Yvonne

There are only two ways that I can think of for this to happen -

1. the logs were deleted

2. a glitch/mistake at Groundspeak/GC.com

In the normal course of events, the only people who should be able to delete logs are the owner of the trackable and the person who made the log entry

Since it sounds like we can rule you out (unless someone got into your account and fiddled around), that leaves the logger(s)

Were all of the logs made by the same person ?

If so, perhaps they went in and un-did all of their activities for the coin

If it was several people, this theory is less likely to be the case

You could send an e-mail to support

To the best of my knowledge, just about everything is tracked on the site, including deletes

They will probably be able to tell you what happened

But, be prepared to wait up to several weeks for a reply

If it is an error on their part, you will probably see it get fixed, and get a reply much sooner

For the best results, be sure to provide as much information as possible -

. your account name

. item code (as in TB12345)

. tracking code (as in PC1234)

. GC codes for caches that you know the coin was dropped in/retrieved from

. member name of any of the people who had the coin

. anything else that you can think of

Your profile shows that you have activated 2 Sleeping Dragon coins. One is moving quite well while the other says it's still in your inventory even though you posted a note to it saying your dropped it off at Oh Rats back in August. Is this the one you're talking about?

Droo, that is the odd thing. I did activate 2 coins. I only put one in Oh Ratts! And it is not the one that is listed in that cache. I have that coin here. Originally I was able to see the other coin as it moved along. Now I see the wrong coin in the cache and that is the only coin listed at all for me. I can't see the actual travelling coin on my account at all any more. Could you possibly tell me the tracking number on it. I have it on a notebook somewhere and I can not find it to save my life.( I know, I should be ashamed).

I don't understand why you can see the 2 coins, yet I can only see 1. Will go do some hunting around and see if I missed something, I am pretty new at this.

Thank you both so much for your posts and I will send an email if I don't figure it out in a day or so. I just want to make sure it is not error on my part.

Yvonne

Droo, that is the odd thing. I did activate 2 coins. I only put one in Oh Ratts! And it is not the one that is listed in that cache. I have that coin here. Originally I was able to see the other coin as it moved along. Now I see the wrong coin in the cache and that is the only coin listed at all for me. I can't see the actual travelling coin on my account at all any more. Could you possibly tell me the tracking number on it. I have it on a notebook somewhere and I can not find it to save my life.( I know, I should be ashamed).

I don't understand why you can see the 2 coins, yet I can only see 1. Will go do some hunting around and see if I missed something, I am pretty new at this.

Thank you both so much for your posts and I will send an email if I don't figure it out in a day or so. I just want to make sure it is not error on my part.

Yvonne

With it being Your coin, You should be able to go to your profile and under your trackables click on your coin. It will give you both your # and the TB # :)

I know I just posted. Call me sillly, but I just found the other coin finally and I won't even post just how stupid it was. Thank you for the time and effort in returning my posts. Just glad to know the coin is not missing in action. Now to go and change the note for the other coin, since it is not there.

Thank you again.

I know I just posted. Call me sillly, but I just found the other coin finally and I won't even post just how stupid it was. Thank you for the time and effort in returning my posts. Just glad to know the coin is not missing in action. Now to go and change the note for the other coin, since it is not there.

Thank you again.

May you have success with your coins :)