Pocket Query?

goathag

How do I do a pocket query? I am really having a tough time with this. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to transfer cache info from my pc to my magellan explorist. Also, it won't give me the distance to my target. I'm starting to think I'm lucky if I can find my car in my driveway...

How do I do a pocket query? I am really having a tough time with this. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to transfer cache info from my pc to my magellan explorist. Also, it won't give me the distance to my target. I'm starting to think I'm lucky if I can find my car in my driveway...

Assuming you've successfully run a query and have saved it to your harddrive:

Extract the files from the zip folder (duh, I know that's a given, but thought I'd put it all in here).

Open Magellan Geocache Manager program (software should've come with your gps)

click File

Click Open

Navigate to where you extracted the file

highlight the file you want to access

click Open

The geocaches will now show in the window

To transfer them to your Magellan,

Plug the gps into your usb port. It should ask you what type of usb connection you want - choose "usb file transfer"

Back to the Magellan Geocache Manager software - click on Transfer

Click Send Geocaching Points to gps

They'll quickly load to the gps.

Once the transfer is complete, you should be able to use the Active Setup on the Magellan to activate that set of geocaches into your active map.

That's how I do it!

Once the Pocket query has been submitted it takes time for the GPX file to arrive in your e-mail inbox. Once it does, open and save the Zip file to your local hard drive. unzip. from here I use GASK ( http://gsak.net/ ). I love it check it out if you dont have it. Then I use GASK to transfer all the caches I want to search for that day to my Magellan eXpolist GPSr.